Located in Northern, Nevada
Contact Us Today To Learn More About What We Do!
Toll Free: 1-877-744-1744
Portable, Filtration and Ultraviolet Light Disinfection, 12-volt / Auxiliary Powered
Water Purification System for Remote Applications
Manufactured in Nevada, USA
Cleaner and Safer Drinking Water from most Creeks, Rivers, Lakes or Fresh Water Sources
• 1 gallon (3.7 liters) per minute
• Built-in Flexibility
• 12-volt Auxiliary Powered Operation
• 12-volt Operation = 10+ Hrs / Day
1 gallon (3.7 liters) per minute = 60 gals per hour x 10+ hours = 600 gallons / 2,220 liters
• Portable: Approx. 30 lbs.
• Briefcase Size: 22” wide x 18" long x 10" deep • 15 ft long auxiliary power extension cord
• Rugged / Reliable: Easy to Operate
• Easy, 1-minute Set-Up: Instant Production
• Pull water from most rivers and lakes
• UV and Filtration Water Purification Process
• Dent Proof Case with Retractable Handel & Wheels
• Optional Lamp Out Circuit
Aqua Sun manufactures the Responder A Portable, 12-volt Powered Water Purification Systems for Remote Applications. This system has the capabilities of producing cleaner and safer drinking water from almost any creek, stream, pond, well, lake or most any fresh water source at a volume production rate of 1 gallon (3.7 liters) per minute where water purification impractical or unattainable. For continuous water purification production a 15 ft long 12-volt electrical power cord is provided with a cigarette lighter plug and removable battery jumper cable clips that can be plugged into any car, truck, boat, plane, generator or any 12-volt electrical power supply source. This System does require a 12 volt electrical power source. There is no need for chemical additives. Water volume flow rates can be increased by using a specially designed manifold (optional) which allows 5 systems to be connected together to increase water volume production amounts to 5 gallons (18 liters) per minute or greater.
These Portable, 12-volt Powered Water Purification Systems pull the water from the source and through a Sediment Pre-Filter to remove sand, grid and large debris. The water is then pushed through a Carbon Block Polishing Filter that has the capabilities of removing Giardia and Cryptosporidium Cysts, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma Cysts, Schistosomiasis, Herbicides, Pesticides, Trihalomethanes (THMs), certain Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs), Chlorine and Chlorine By-Products, Sediment, Bad Taste, Odors, Color, Smell, and many other Harmful Chemicals and Contaminants down to a 0.5 micron. The polished filtered water is then channeled past an Ultraviolet Disinfecting Light Process that has the ability to kill Bacteria, Viruses, Typhoid Fever, Coliform, Dysentery, Cholera, Infectious Jaundice, Hepatitis and Influenza Virus, E-coli, Enteric Fever and many other unwanted microorganisms to a 99.999% purity.
Life expectancy of the Carbon Block Filter with clear incoming water is approximately 10,000 gallons or 1 year.
The Ultraviolet Light life expectancy under normal usage is 12 to 18 months.
The Responder A system is 22" wide x 18" long x 10" deep and has an approximate weight of 35 lbs.
This System is enclosed in a dent-resistant, molded resin briefcase style design.
This system comes in 2 different powered models:
RESPONDER S: combination of solar panel & battery (provided) and 12-volt auxiliary powered operating capabilities.
RESPONDER A: 12-volt auxiliary powered operation only (solar panel and battery not provided). Purified water volume
production rate is 1 gallon (3.7 liters) per minute; up to 720+ gallons (2664+ liters) per day (up to 12+ hours per day).
We can design for your needs.
This System is approved for air shipments inside and outside the continental United States.
All water contact components carry a NSF Approval Rating and the ultraviolet light carries a Certificate of Analysis.
The filter and UV light manufacturers are members of the Water Quality Association.
Aqua Sun International is a registered DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE CENTRAL CONTRACTOR, an
approved UNITED NATIONS SUPPLIER, and a member of the AMERICAN SOLAR ENERGY SOCIETY (ASES).
Removes ground water sediment, sand and large debris and protects the carbon block filter from premature clogging. Can be wash off. APPROXIMATE FILTER LIFE EXPECTANCY depends on how dirty incoming water is or 1 year maximum.
0.5 micron CARBON BLOCK with CYSTS AND VOC’S REDUCTION
Removes and reduces giardia lamblia and cryptosporidium cysts, volatile organic chemicals "VOC's" pesticides and herbicides, turbidity reduction, sediment, color, bad taste and odors such as hydrogen sulfide "rotten egg smell" and many other microorganisms down to a 0.5 micron. This Carbon Block Filter polishes the water crystal clear for refreshing good tasting water. This filter is made entirely from FDA-compliant materials.
APPROXIMATE FILTER LIFE EXPECTANCY 10,000 gallons / 37,000 liters or one year of clear incoming water maximum.
ULTRAVIOLET DISINFECTING LAMP
Clean, safe and natural UV light rays have the ability to kill the bacteria and virus to 99.999 % purity without any harmful side effects much like chemical agents normally added to drinking water. The ultraviolet range is ideal for killing Micro-organisms such as E-coli, Coli form, Cholera, Legionnaires Disease, Hepatitis Virus, Typhoid Fever, Dysentery, Infectious Jaundice, Influenza, Enteric Fever and many other unwanted Microorganisms.
APPROXIMATE UV BULB LIFE EXPECTANCY 8000 hours, or approx 12 – 18 months.
• Size; 22” wide x 18" long x 10" deep @ 35 lbs.
• Standard Operating Power; Aux 12-volt Electrical Power
• Output Watts; Ultraviolet Light only: 10 Watts, 0.89 amps
• Self Priming Water Pump; 1 gallon / 3.7 liters per minute. 1.8 amps max per hour depending on head.
• Weight Empty; approx. 35 lbs.
• Inlet Connection; 3/4 “ - Female Standard Hose / Swivel. 11 feet long.
• Outlet Connections; 3/4 “ - Male Standard Hose / Threaded. 7 feet long.
• Rated Water Pressure; 20 PSI minimum / 65 PSI maximum.
• Hoses, electrical cords and all misc. fittings included with system.
• Ultraviolet Lamp Output; 16,000 microwatt seconds per centimeter squared and carries a Certificate of Analysis.
• NSF and FDA APPROVED on filtration and water contact components.
• Filter / UV Replacement Parts available as kits and individually.
• U.S. Voltage: 120 volt to 12 volt converter.( Extra)
• International Voltage: 220 volt 50 Hz to 120 volt converter:
• Back Pack
• Lamp Out Pump Disconnect: (LO/PD) Stops water flow if UV light is not on.
• Washable / Reusable Pleated Filter with center pipe for filtering water before the intake hose.
• Hose Faucet
Replacement Parts Kit: ( RPK )
Approx. water amount produced with Replacement Parts Kit = 40,000 gallons / 148,000 liters
8 - 5.0 micron Sediment Filters, ASI Pt# SD10
4 - 0.5 micron Carbon Block Filters, ASI Pt# CBUV
1 - Ultraviolet Bulbs, ASI Pt# UV10
Shipping Box Size:
Without Replacement Parts Kit; 22 x 18 x 12 @ 35 lbs
With Replacement Parts Kit; 24 x 20 x 18 @ 45 Lbs
We can ship this system most anywhere in the World.
Individually or Ocean Containers.
For pricing, more information, or to place an order,
call us at (775) 783-8566 or email us at Sales@aqua-sun-intl.com
Aqua Sun International : P.O. Box 2919, Minden, Nevada 89423 U.S.A.
Tel: 775 / 783.8566 Toll Free: 877 / 744 – 1744 U.S. Fax: 775 / 201.0043 International Fax: +44 - 870 / 163.5682 U.K. Fax: 870 / 163.5682
Aqua Sun International is a registered DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE CENTRAL CONTRACTOR, an approved UNITED NATIONS SUPPLIER, and a member of the AMERICAN SOLAR ENERGY SOCIETY (ASES).